Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Peppers.........and more peppers!

eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My egg must be sending out subliminal messages to roast peppers. This weekend I got a surprise package from Hoss. I was almost afraid to open the package because I could smell the peppers emanating from the box. :evil: When I opened the box there were all types of beautiful fresh peppers. Then on Saturday, while shopping at Jungle Jim’s, Bitslammer brought my attention to the fact that there was a special on poblanos. 99cents a lb. How could I resist? I put 12 lbs in my cart. Victim of another impuse buy.

Hoss’ peppers with 12 lbs of poblanos:
IMG_5232-1.jpg

Roasted the poblanos in 2 batches:
IMG_5247.jpg
The poblanos were then peeled and deseeded and vacuum packed. These are destined mainly for Chili verde and scrambled eggs.

Roasting Hoss’ peppers on a screen. I just love the bright red, green, and yellow colors.
IMG_5260.jpg

I’ve never put up small peppers before, so I really didn’t know what I was doing. One thing I figured out is that you can’t peel the small peppers, especially the habernos. I cored the peppers and put some aside to cook with and I froze the others. I might make a sauce later. I got to thinking that I probably just should have made a sauce with roasting the peppers. One thing I noticed, after the pepper prep as I was typing this post on my keyboard my finger tips were burning. The heat from my computer which I had left on all day must have synergized the capsaicin oils remaining on my fingers. My fingers were burning so bad I had to quit typing.
IMG_5300.jpg

How do you put up peppers?

Comments