Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Egg doneness chart

EggspertEggspert Posts: 142
edited 4:23PM in EggHead Forum
I guess I am like a lot of people and forget the correct internal temp for things I cook often, so I go to the forum and get the truth about temps. I think the internal temp usually seen are over cooked for safety concerns.I know get to the point. Can anyone provide a internal doneness chart that they have made or that does not overcook everything?

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    The problem is eveyone likes things at different temps...my wife will not eat pork cooked to less than 160...but it is safe to eat at 140, so some do...too many variables..just stick to the old standard temps and adjust to your families preferences...this ain't rocket science... ;) :)
  • I think that is a great idea. We could put it under the cookbook section.
    BUT to make sure we account for everyone's tastes we can do one that is FDA recommended, then we could do one that is chef recommended, and then if people want to chime in at their preferred doneness level they can do that as well.
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,597
    try this link, after a couple minutes surfing around the links, you'll know how to find stuff fast. t

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Factsheets/
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Many cookbooks will have this info in chart form in an appendix, particularly grilling books B)
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 21,049
    this chart is as close as any but you will need tpo make notes to tune it into what you like along with the size of roast your cooking etc

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/doneness_chart.htm
  • KBKB Posts: 144
    Nice. I bookmarked that one.