Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The gravy's gone!!!! The gravy's gone!!!!

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just finished up a lunch of leftover turkey and stuffing from thanksgiving. .. .got that good mad max gravy to last as long as i could all week. ..kept taking a couple of tablespoons. . adding a little chicken broth and flour paste to it to keep it going as long as possible (almost like sourdough starter).. .but alas, we finished it up for lunch today.... [p]dang it was good!!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    turkey disapeared yesterday at my house, since we had the big dinner on the 21st, it lasted 11 days to complete. first the dinner, then sandwhiches, then split the broth(half went to soupand the other half went in a turkey sausage okra gumbo with the remaining gravy). this eventually turned into smoked turkey gumbo pie with a lard pastry top. thats eleven days, approx 22 meals for myself plus fed 5 people on tday dinner. i did pay a pretty penny for the initial free range bird, but i think i got my moneys worth

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The Virginian
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    You know when someone starts talking about themselves in the third person that its time for a bbq team intervention. Mr. Earl, Free Range BBQ needs you at intervention tonight at MMBE's. [p]Brett

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    The Virginian,
    you know, stike says that alla time.
    that stike is one cool, mofo. got his fingah onna pulse.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    The Virginian,
    ahhh, you missed what trex said right after tday. .. mad max is no longer just a person, its a method, an adjective, a noun, verb. . ..in this case i was not refering to me, but to the gravy itself. .. .[p]so while i will continue to me, i will also continue to 'mad max' my turkey and gravy. . .heeee

• stike
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    soon you'll all be asking each other on the forum how to properly " 'stike' a yam "

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    stike,
    LOL. .. why not. ...you too, can enter egg lore....when your recipe hits the naked whiz's site, then you've 'made it'. ..

• stike
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    step one;
    take a nice, arm-sized yam.....

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I don't know about that definition of entering egg lore, Max. There are many out there who are part of it, but aren't know solely for their recipes, but rather for their winning personalities (big grin). We can't forget Drbbq? JSlot? Mr. Toad? JAppledog? WessB? Kenny G? Me?[p]It's happy hour!
    Tonia
    :~)

• aka mr. Earl
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]Dude, we've got to help our friend. I'm there.[p]BTW got some interesting news today about an event in April. more later.
  • aka mr. Earl
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]with some beats and a little rhythm you could do a very good Eminem-like record.
  • The Virginian
    Options
    aka Mr. Earl ,
    Great, give me an email when you get a chance.

• BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Seems like I HAVE seen your picture in the recipes section of the Dizzy Pig website. That *HAS* to count for something, doesn't it?[p]BOB
    of course it is a MMBE recipe

[ul][li]Entering Egg Lore[/ul]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    QBabe,
    please, that list of names had already reached egg immortality before i ever even owned one. .. nothing comes close to the qbabe 'menus' (that one you had for tday rivaled a white house state dinner) . . .i'd never think to,nor intentionally, slight any of those whose large footprints i walk in, and those, whose equally large footprints will obliterate mine over time. . .i'm just another traveller on the road to seeking eggtopia. . ."yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of the big green egg " . . .(big grinny thing) . ..

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I'm just messin' with ya, LOL! Hope your weekend is filled with LOTS of egg cooking treats![p]We're going to do up a batch of ABT's and some of Diana's Black Bean Salsa Salad for a party tonight. Then tomorrow, it's Tenderloin Tails Chili for a birthday bash.[p][p]Tonia
    :~)