Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: iPhone users/recipe apps?

Options
WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have started using "all my recipes" to enter and track my new recipes (probably not going to enter a bunch of old stuff)... It is really easy to cut/paste recipes in from anywhere. I like this, particularly because i am constantly losing track of recipes i get from the forum, the food network, etc. I also like the email a recipe feature...Nice lay out, easy to use, don't use the shopping feature...before I get too attached, however, i am wondering if anyone has used anything else or has feedback about anything better...

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    This doesn't help PC users, but for Mac users, Macgourmet is fantastic. I download my recipes to my iPhone, and use it at the grocery store to shop for the ingredients. It also lets you make a cookbook of your recipes, complete with Index, Table of Contents, and user sections, such as Italian, Mexican, Oriental ... or Beef, Chicken, Seafood, etc. You can also add a picture of your dish to each recipe.

http://macgourmet.com/

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• WWSis
    Options
    Thanks Gary, for $5 it's worth a try; I just got it so I will see how it works, thanks. :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Is this an app on iPhone?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• WWSis
    Options
    Mickey, you have mail. :)
  • h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    Options
    Sigh. Maybe I'll give it a try. I'm a Neanderthal (although a dyed in the wool Mac Neanderthal) who has pretty much drawn lines in sand for technology. Never been on Facebook, never had a tweet, and frankly don't really use cell phone unless I have to. Texting? no thanks. I think the egg (burning wood, outside) speaks to my Neanderthal roots! That's why the digi-q and other controllers appeal to my engineer roots, but they violate my minimalist tendencies! Hence I play with the fire, thank you!
  • drewski255
    Options
    Why isn't there a straight up BGE app???????????
  • drewski255
    Options
    Why isn't there a straight up BGE app???????????
  • WWSis
    Options
    I've wondered that myself... Every now and then I search - thinking maybe they will put out the BGE cookbook or something.... Nothin
  • WWSis
    Options
    Aw c'mon wateregg... :) I am no techno guru either...I don't do Facebook or twitter, but I am addicted to my iPhone and texting... I use my phone to pic, upload, post, etc.. I have been liking the food network app for a while and just recently starting keeping track of my fav's with the recipe app... :)
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    I use mac gourmet too and love it. Best part is it syncs from my desktop mac to my ipad and iphone.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle