Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any new sauce ideas out there for a Tri Tip, Eye of Round, etc.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Trying to come up with something new for some egg virigins coming over next weekend.[p]
Thanks,[p]
Bullet Bob

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Bob
    I vote for letting the beautifully seared meat shine through on its own. Maybe some clarified butter? Or some lighlty herbed butter? Roasted garlic butter?[p]Have fun with the virgins!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]You're up early naytch. Gotta jump back on the grinding, packing and shipping, eh? [p]Hope all is going well. We are spreading the Word: [p]The word of the Dizzy Pig.[p]Todd
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Thought I was the only one that liked butter on his steak.[p]Toy Man
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Bullet Bob,[p]A really easy and very good sauce with a number of variations:[p]In a sauce pan sauté a couple shallots and a few ounces of chopped mushrooms in butter, add about 2 cups Madeira and reduce to half, add about a quarter cup reduced beef stock and a little more butter, salt and pepper. Reduce more or serve as is, spooning over the cut beef just before eating....... good stuff.[p]Let us know what you decide and how your virgins liked it.[p]John [p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    7am is my time to get the twins up and check homework, make their lunch, get them off to the bus stop. Grinding is done for the week but a few to ship. Looks like lots of folks are givin' the gift of dizziness this year.[p]Today I am putting my design shoes back on so I can pay some bills! I can't seem to stop the bills from coming in. As always, folks spreading the word is the only reason I'm still mixin and grindin. Moocho appreciado![p]Thanks mang!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    WooDoggies,when trexing cheaper steaks i make a sauce similar to that. i sear the cheaper steaks on the stove though, and use the drippings to start it, add a little flour once the shallots are sauted, and some fresh thyme at the end.other than that i think the recipe is about the same. really does justice when you know that your steaks arent up to par before cooking. resting the steaks gives plenty of time to make a good mushroom sauce and sometimes the mushrooms are as good as the steak.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it