Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The tally on farts and squirts is in!!

Options
Sigmore
Sigmore Posts: 621
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
That subject didn't sound right! Oh well, here it is. The average age is 45.974683!! 79 folks chimed in with Stike being the one that held out the longest. Spawn, the youngest at 15 and George the older of the crowd pushing 80. Thanks everyone for the response. It seems most of us are male, but that seems to be changing rapidly also. No prizes, I was just wunderin. :>)

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    sigmore,
    that was a great post. .. .you outa wait another day or so before posting your tally though. .. you only started this yesterday afternoon, and i'm sure that more people will continue to weigh in. .. [p]btw, i'm sure naked whiz will take this information and prepare yet another of his thesis/tao's on the subject. . .heee

• Sigmore
    Options
    sigmore, Hold that thought, had a late comer, Bad Bruce that has pushed it over the top to 46.1. Way to go Bruce!

• Sigmore
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, Good idea. I've got it all added up now though, so I can just add the johnny come later ons. We are up to 80 (truthful) Eggers now.

• Sigmore
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, I also answered my own post, AAAHHH!

• Eggvis
    Eggvis Posts: 94
    Options
    sigmore,
    Another late comer here...Just turned 35 on T'Day...was also the first time I cooked a turkey on egg...(Only been iun the family for about 2 mos now)

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    sigmore,
    sorry guy...[p]i tried to post from home but it wouldn't work.
    i am gonna scroll down to see if it somehow magically did post, but in case the answer is no, i'm 38.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    stike,[p]It posted. And I enjoyed the microwaved playdough reference. It was like I was looking in a mirror...[p]
  • Sigmore
    Options
    Mark Backer, and he painted such a cute little picture of himself when he was 17.

• stike
    Options
    sigmore,
    ...and maybe a graph, too, against the bellcurve? It'd be a bit of work, but might be inneresting.[p]I only get an hour on the computer per day here at the correctional facility, or I'd offer to help.

• stike,
    you clod, he did post hi, lo.

• stike
    Options
    sigmore,
    that pic still holds, my friend. though i have changed into a new outfit today. we are prcticing the christmas show that we're putting on for the warden and his family. so right now i'm dressed like baby new year, waiting to go on in dress rehearsal.[p]

• Mark Backer
    Options
    sigmore,[p]Yeah. Talk about letting one's self go...
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    stike,[p]Just don't get suckered into playing Escaped Inmate and the Warden's wife.
  • stike
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    what do think they mean by "good behaviour"?[p]

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    sigmore,[p]Whew, miss a day on the forum and look what happens. Sounds kind of like a cooks anonymous meeting roll call. Waiting for the big group hug now.[p]"Hi, I'm Troy, and I'm 38 and I have a cooking problem. I just cant seem to get the charcoal and grease out from under my finger nails and the smoke smell is just too intoxicating. I need help, I dont think I can do this by myself."[p]"HI TROY.................."[p]Heh, hope everyone has a great one today.[p]Troy
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    sprinter,[p]I like the intoxicating smoke part. After I've been out there messing with stuff on the egg, I come in and casually smell my hands a few times. [p]What can I say? I love the smell of the egg!!
  • sprinter
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]I think that may be one of the signs of a having a problem, number 7 I think it is actually...[p]#7 - Do you sniff and/or snort your clothes and hands after cooking something on your grill to see how well the smoke has penetrated and to get that "one last fix"?[p]If you can answer yes to three or more of these questions then you may have a problem that needs professional help.......[p]
    Troy

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    sigmore,
    Yikes, I missed the question, but I must respond because I'm a Minority. Female, 55. And I Egg an average of 5 nights/week, year-round.
    Cheers,
    G.

• erniet
    Options
    sprinter,[p]I've seen it mentioned here before...Eggors Anonymous.
  • PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    sigmore,[p]Hey, it takes us old farts longer to get out of bed and toddle over to the computer. Then we have to remember where we left our reading glasses. Which button is it now that turns this blasted contraption on? Oh, I got it now. Great thread. My old eyes are so sore from reading all the posts, I'll probably have to take a nap - and it's only 9:00 am. [p]I retired at the end of last year, got a large egg for Mad Max's and Parakeet's birthdays (the 22nd anniversary of my 39th birthday), added a small egg for father's day, got to judge at the American Royal, and even made it to Eggtoberfest to meet so many fine folks. Been a pretty good start to my retirement. [p]Paul[p]

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I've been sick and missed all this, sigmore.
    I'm also 51. Same birthday, March 9, as Big Murth. Egging since, since, uh, um, I can't remember. There were less than 20 listed under visitor profiles then and everyone made fun of me for buying a mini. And BBQ Beth still had her clothes on.
    My life has taken some very odd turns since, and because, we bought our first BGE. We have cooked meals that have truly amazed us. I have made wonderful friends, eaten fabulous food, laughed & cried, and traveled many miles. I've been to JJ's house, KennyG's and Mr.Toad's too. Hooked up with Earl and Barb in Toronto. Eggtoberfest 3 times. I do need to get to Waldorf.
    My last birthday present was a Paul Kirk PitMaster class and we've since dabbled in the world of competition barbecue. Now that's a trap!
    What a long strange trip it's been.....
    Thanks to all my forum friends!
    Julie

• J Appledog
    Options
    I hate that! I wonder what our average cholesterol level is? JCA

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    sigmore,
    drop the average a wee bit and score another female (well, you know what I mean).[p]Age is 40.
    Thanks,
    Joyce

• Peggy
    Peggy Posts: 122
    Options
    sigmore, add one more for this 47 year old lady who has 2 eggs! A small and a large!!! Did not want to be left out of your survey.
  • Essex County
    Options
    sigmore,
    Ok, ok. I'll play too. 50 on the button. It's nice to be above average at something!

• sigmore,[p]I am 39 and holding!! [p]Dave

• Sigmore
    Options
    Old Dave, How many years ago did you start holding?

• sprinter
    Options
    Old Dave,[p]Hey you old duffer, what year did you start counting backwards? Now, lets not tell how old Mike really is, that would embarrass him. Great to see you posting, sounds like you had some success in the last few cooks you did, congrats. Hope you and yours are well.[p]Troy
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    J Appledog, I ain't crackin this egg.. heeeee...!!!
    Yer buddy...C~W[p]

• J Appledog
    Options