Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Post and question

Hello to all

Ive had My XL for 7 days and here is what Ive cooked in order.

1. Ribeyes
2. Pizza
3. Beef Brisket
4. 4 racks of Baby Backs
5. Zuccini/ Squash
6. Boston Butt
7. Cookies
8. Burgers

Question. I have already gotten the platesetter, pizza stone, grill cover, rib rack, and drip pan.

What eggcessories should I get next that will be the most useful??

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,474
    Thermapen (a must) and lots of extra lump. Also an adj rig.
    Welcome to our little cult.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    a pit controller, like a bbq guru or boston stoker!!!! it is a must, also a thermopen (meat theremoter)!! Go to thebbqguru.com, fedsmusicandbbq.com. thermoworks.com.
  • OblioOblio Posts: 53
    High temp gloves for searing (you probably noticed this on your first high temp cook if you didn't already have them :ohmy: )

External temp thermometer for lo & slo cooks. I just ordered a Maverick ET73, borrowed a neighbors thermometer for my first butt.
  • I do not have an XL but if I did I would get the stuff Tom offers. Check out his site.
    http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/ceramicgrillstore/

Lump reducers would be a must for me.

Oh if you do not have a cover, I would suggest you get one, but that is my opinion, others may disagree.
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Storage Shed! :woohoo:

shed1.jpg

Welcome to the madness!! B)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    XXXL on a XL, Get the thermapen if you don't already have it. Black is fastest. :woohoo: Tim
  • Welcome and I like my RED Thermopen :laugh: :laugh: