Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ping brotha Hoss

FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,678
edited 11:46AM in EggHead Forum
I got out this mornin and checked with 2 butchers. No luck. :angry: One directed me to Penzys and the other to the farmers Co-Op. Still no luck. I decided to stop by Bass Pro just for kicks and giggles and DANG, there it was right on the top shelf. Hi Mountain Buck Board Bacon :woohoo: Every time I've gone to Bass Pro, I've checked to see if they had it because they carry other Hi Mtn. stuff. They never did. When I would ask why, they would always give me the "firemans solute" (shrugged shoulders, palms up, :huh: ) Anyway it's there if you're interested.

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
    Are you coming to Atl?
  • Interesting!
    I was in the Jackson Bass Pro Shop yesterday and they only had Hi Mountain Jerky cures, no BuckBoard Bacon! hmmmmm
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,678
    Gene unforunately no. I got too much going on. Daughter in cheer means Daddy no get to play so much. I'm cooking butts for the team friday night. 30 cheerleaders and several parents...pray for me. :laugh:
    I don't know what the deal is with them. I'm calling HQ to thank them for having it on the shelf. Hopefully they will be encouraged to keep it there.
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
    I saw on Ebay that Rendezvous is selling rub and sauce in larger "club" size packs. Have you seen them locally?
    I have not noticed but have not really been paying attn either.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Thanks JoJo.I ordered 5 pounds from HiMtn last week! ;)