Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipes with Raspberry Chipotle sauce

Options
TnVolKen
TnVolKen Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any one have recipes with raspberry chipotle sauce? Do you have any recipes with the Fischer and Wieser sauces, my wife bought me some and I would love to try "experiment" with them?

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    That stuff is good!

I pour it over Brie cheese and serve with crackers, have brushed it on pork tenderloin while egging, and have used it inside a stuffed pork loin with spinach, nuts and cheese. But my favorite use for it is brushing it on a fattie made of hot sausage, dusted heavily with Jamaican Firewalk -after egging the fattie, I brush it on near the end. That is really good.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    It's very fine inside of Mr. Toads Pork Loin which you could find on the naked whiz's site.

Doug
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Raspberry Chipotle Tenderloin Sliced at 140 Internal

Posted by Lawn Ranger on December 08, 2004 at 11:41:15:

In Reply to: Re: Raspberry Chipotle Tenderloin Sliced at 140 Internal posted by MickeyT on December 08, 2004 at 08:02:29:

MickeyT,
    It's so simple it's really hard to screw up unless you do overcook.

I just rinse the tenderloin and sprinkle with some kosher salt.
    Place in a large zip lock bag with a cup or so of Raspberry Chipotle, a couple of tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and a teaspoon or two of regular mustard.
    I salt this first because both the vinegar and RC sauce are pretty sweet.
    I let it marinade for several hours to overnight.

Remove from marinade and sprinkle with coarse ground black pepper.
    If the mood strikes, I'll spiral wrap in bacon and then sear at high temps (T-Rex sttle) for a minute or so a side depending on how large the tenderloin is.
    I do this with the grill at it's regular location.
    I then remove and elevate the grid and reduce the temps.
    After the high sear it's pretty hard to drop the temp quickly, so
    I pretty much shut it down to almost a dwell.
    Although I'd get them lower if I could, temps usually hover in the 400 degree range.

I like to use a polder because these guys cook pretty quick, and if you get occupied doing something else, they can get away from you pretty quick.
    Cook time is usually under 30 minutes for 1 pounders.

I take the remainder of the marinade and boil it down while the meat is cooking.
    I usually turn once during the cook and baste with the reduced sauce.
    Use the rest on the table.

In my opinion, this is one heck of a main course fopr under $5. Plus, you're only cooking for less than an hour.

Mike
    Posted by: Big Papa on 2009/07/27 22:52:55
    Ok I have been on this forum for about a year now and thought I should post photos once in a while.

This is tonights cook:
    Stuffed Pork Loin.
    Here are the ingredients:
    4 pound Center Cut Pork Loion
    8 oz Cream Cheese
    1 1/2 pounds Pulled Pork
    8 ea. Green Chili, caned
    1/2 cup Raspberry Chipotle Sauce ( Oasis Foods brand)
    1 pound Apple Smoked Bacon
    Seasoned with John Henry's Pecan Rub

Photo of ingredients:

I butterflied the Pork loin:

Seasoned with the John Henry's Pecan Rub, then added Cream Cheese, then Pulled Pork, then green chili. Added the 1/2 cup of Raspberry Chipotle Sauce on top.

Rolled the pork loin with bacon and tied it with butchers twine.

Put the stuffed loin on a indirect setting on the BGE @ 325 degrees for 2 hours.

Two hours later, pulled the stuffed pork and this is the finished product.

Cut the pork and put on plate and drizzled with more raspberry chipotle sauce.

Tasted great!!!!!!
    Big Papa
    AKA - Corey
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posted by: Spring Chicken on 2009/03/15 10:08:48

In Reply to: Italian Sausage Balls message has embedded images posted by Eggtucky on 2009/03/15 09:33:07
    Meatballs are great as snacks, and easy to make. Spring Hen and I did some at Eggtoberfest 2008 and they went over great.

Bourbon Meatballs
    Ingredients
    64 oz Meatballs (frozen unseasoned) (got ours at Sam's Club)

Sauce
    2 bottles Barbeque Sauce (one 18 oz Kraft Original & one 18 oz Bull's-eye Original)
    3/4 cup Bourbon
    12 oz Honey (Burleson if you can get it)
    12 oz Yellow mustard
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    2 to 4 Tbs Raspberry Chipotle Sauce (Optional)

Procedure
    Mix the sauce ingredients in a large pan, dump in meatballs, stir, and let set while Egg
    comes to 350°
    Heat for 30 to 45 minutes (direct or indirect), stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
    Pretzel sticks are excellent substitutes for toothpicks.
    Recipe Source
    Author: Spring Chicken & Spring Hen

Found the recipe on the Internet somewhere. It was a keeper.

Spring "Another Good Use For Bourbon" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Right from their own site. Great sauce, just adapt to BGE.

Wings, Chicken, Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sesame Wings

If you're a lover of good spicy chicken wings, then try out this version. It will put your party over the finger-lickin' good edge!

INGREDIENTS:
    25 chicken wings
    1 bottle Fischer & Wieser The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce®
    1/2 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
    1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    1/4 cup hot sauce
    2 Tbs dark sesame oil
    1/4 lb (1 stick) butter
    1 Tbs sesame seeds

PROCEDURE:
    1 Preheat a gas char grill to medium heat. Grill the chicken wings until cooked through, about 15 minutes. While wings are grilling combine all remaining ingredients in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking often, just until the butter has melted. Remove from heat and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. When wings are done, place them in a large baking dish and pour the sauce over them. Bake in preheated oven for about 7 minutes, or until wings are well glazed. Transfer to serving plate and serve hot.

Recipe Type
    Appetizer, Poultry

Recipe Source
    Author: http://jelly.com/fwrecipes/index.php?option

Source: Fischer & Wieser, 2008/08/29
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Options
    Ahhh where to start! F&W is my favorite! Let's see... I mix with balsamic vinegar to make a dressing for arugula salad.... pour over cream cheese for an appetizer... marinate/glaze pork tenderloin... use as a topping for savory cheesecake... mix with sourcream for a dip... marinate/glaze chicken or shrimp (YUM!)... glaze for MAHI!!!! glaze for butternut squash....pour over melted brie....

Basically I think about sweet/hot/savory options....

(I used to bring a case back from my visits to Arizona because we couldn't get it in Atlanta.... Costco had it! This year I saw locally at Costco and the Dekalb Farmers Market...)