Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

turkey temp

Options
eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well i posted below about the turkey sitter, and still trying to figure that one out. but now i've got another question. if the breast meat is finished at 160, my preferance being 165 after yesterdays cook. does the dark meat have to go to 180? the turkey sitter/setup created some problems. but i fanally gave up on the 180 temp in the dark meat because after already eating the breast meat for lunch,5 hours, and running out of lump, this was only a 12 lb bird. the dark meat must have been sitting at 145 getting to 155 in about 2 hrs. i now i lost some time there because i pulled the bird to remove the breast to keep it from overcooking-then put the remaining carcass back in. but after boning out the dark meat the texture seemed fine, and snitching a few pieces it really seemed done. i put it in the crockpot to finish it and be safe. But why does the dark meat nead to go to 180 and the white only 160? personal preferences or is it a safety issue?[p]Scott

Comments