Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Max's Turkey Recipe beat out a nicely Fried Turkey for Flavor!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mad Max was there for me. I called him on his Thanksgiving Turkey Hotline because my 22lb. turkey cooked in 3.5 hours at 325 grid level. I just ended up letting it sit for 2 hours with the egg shut down and the turkey was just outstanding. At 22lbs. there was only about an inch between the top of the turkey and the dome top so it probably cooked at more like 350. I also fried a turkey and loved it. The fried turkey ranked the highest on the scale for skin flavor/texture and the Max turkey scored highest on flavor. The Max turkey had a slight edge on moisture too. Of course the gravy takes the cake because there are no drippings from a fried turkey. I just couldn't imagine Thanksgiving turkey with our Max's gravy from now on.[p]Thanks for being there for all of us, even us Yankees.[p]Dave (Roscoe P. Coltrain)