Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Turkey in cooler, good/bad

BGE Pit CrewBGE Pit Crew Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable Holiday. I did a 22lb. turkey yesterday, with a 12hr. brine, set-up inderect with v-rack and drip pan, cherry/peach/pecan/sugar maple chips, egged at 325 for appx. 5hrs. Done early so I wrapped in hd foil and towels, placed in cooler for appx. 2hrs. The bird had a very nice color before the cooler, but when I removed for carving it was very dark, but not burnt color. Still hot and juicy, everyone loved it, but the presentation wasn't there. Live and learn. DK