Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good story for first hour of turkey cook.....

PCO3
PCO3 Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Man, Murphy's Law is kickin' in today.[p]I got my beautiful bird on the Egg and found that the bird was a little too snug for the thermometer. Well, in the process of trying to move it back, I twisted and threw off the calibration. Luckily I had an extra digital thermometer with a "smoker" monitor. Took me 5 minutes or so to extract old thermometer and put in the probe.[p]That temp looked way too low given all the poppin' and squeekin' coming from the Egg, reading about 250 degrees. So I put the probe in the top and egads! 360 degrees.[p]So I went ahead and recalibrated BGE thermometer and am monitoring top of dome temp with BGE thermometer and side of dome temp with digital.[p]When I finally got my temperature guages rigged, I looked down and noticed that about Morgan Silver Dollar size hole was missing out of two bottom shelf boards next to the BGE vent hole. All the way through the 1" wood plank.[p]So once I got the smoldering boards put out and thermometers figured out, it was around 45 minutes later.[p]Just thought some would enjoy the story. I am not complaining because I thought it was really funny myself. Chevy Chase should be over later with Cousin Eddie.