Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Relax...have a homebrew

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As I have been perusing the postings regarding the preparation of a Thanksgiving turkey, I see anxiety and anal-retentiveness abundant in people's messages, i.e. "...I can only get my temp to steady at 319 degrees, not 320!" and "...If the ambient temperature is 46 degrees should I open the vent another .03 microns to account for the altitude?" etc. As a seasoned Q'er (pun intended) and homebrewer, I want to encourage everyone to follow the immortal Charlie Papazian (father of homebrew,) and to "Relax...Have a homebrew..." and spend time with your family, not overanalyzing your egg temp.[p]Now excuse me, I must go and do the reverse-metzenbaum technique to my turkey to prevent overcaramelization of my poultry epidermis. My v-rack and pizza stone need their 5 degree turn, which I must do every 9 minutes during the first hour, 11 minutes during the second hour, and .... ;)

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    beansandpotatoes,[p]Very Funny!
    Yeah, the forum goes through a period of temporary (well, maybe not so temporary) insanity during Thanksgiving..... man o man, it's all turkey all the time!
    Funny thing is, this is how I found the forum a few years back.... posting a question about a turkey...... ahhh, the memories. :~)[p]Thanks for the laugh..... Happy Thanksgiving and Homebrews to you!
    John

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    beansandpotatoes,[p]Nice post. I was out until the wee hours of the morning last night then was responsible for a little side dish today for my fam's Thanksgiving celebration. I just had to do a quick cornbread and sage sausage stuffing from a Julia/Jacqes recipe which I've now made the last several years. I had a quick cornbread emergency and was short on time, but thankfully was able to remind myself that it really wasn't about perfecting the dish but rather the main thing was to be cool and take advantage of the rare opportunity to hang with the family all day.[p]Heeee,
    Cornfed