Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody else egging in the rain?

QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At the moment, I've got some catfish smoking on the small and some butternut squash, onions and garlic roasting on the large. We're in the middle of a tornado watch, and the rain is coming down, but egging must go on![p]Very late tonight, a brisket will go on Large #1, and tomorrow will be I'll be egging the turkey on Large #2[p]Here's the lineup for our feast...[p]Appetizers
Roasted Butternut Squash Dip
Smoked Catfish Dip
Toasted Sourdough Rounds
Veggie Platter[p]Main Course
Beef Brisket
Maple Brined Turkey with Java Madeira Gravy[p]Sides
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Vanilla Sweet Potatoes
Sausage and Mushroom Stuffing
Cranberry Pear Chutney
Citrus Marinated Mushrooms
Herbed Carrots
Green Bean Cassarole (guest contribution)
Another Veggie (guest contribution)
Tossed Salad and Dressing (guest contribution)[p]Desserts
Pecan Pie with Spiked Cream
Pumpkin Banana Mousse Tart
Apple Pie (guest contribution)
Dinner rolls (guest contribution)[p]Also
Liars Dice Zinfandel
Another Zinfandel (guest contribution)
Liquors for "drunk" coffee (Baileys, Amaretto, Kahlua, etc)[p]Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. We have so much to be thankful for...[p]Tonia
:~)

Comments

• tinman
    tinman Posts: 86
    QBabe,
    all we need is directions to your house.

• QBabe,
    It's not raining down here yet but the weather radar says we're only a few hours behind you, Tonia. I'm set up to do pizzas tonight. Dough is on the final rise, and I'm just about to throw the MAPP to the lump.[p]Your list looks much more impressive than mine. It's such a short drive, would you like a few more for dinner? ;-)[p]It's going to be a little sad here tomorrow as my mom passed away yesterday afternoon. She has been so sick for so long, her passing is just another blessing for us to be thankful for. Still, she will be missed. Happy Thanksgiving, Tonia!

• QBabe
    Kelly,[p]There's plenty of food that I don't think a few more guests would make much of a dent in the offerings! [p]I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. We lost Larry's Mom only 2 years ago, and like you it was a blessing that she was no longer suffering. But, we miss her and think about her often.[p]Any chance you'll make it to the Florida Eggfest in March this year? It's the third weekend, the 18th and 19th.[p]Take care,
    Tonia

• QBabe,
    Yup, we'll be there with bells on! Are you going to make Ray Lampe's class in Lakeland this February? I haven't checked his site lately to see if he's posted the details, but we're planning to be there too.[p]Kelly

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Howdy Lady.
    That is an incredible lineup. Wow. [p]Going to Mom-in-laws where I will be doing zero cooking. My wife's brother in law will be cooking the standard fare. Should be good. I don't anticipate it will come close to your offerings though. [p]Much to be thankful for, indeed, Tonia. Enjoy your feast, and your holidays!
    Happy cookin (and you gonna be busy!)
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    QBabe, I finished smoking salmon at noon. We've had 8 inches of snow since 1:30. We're hunkered down in front of the fire drinking bubbly. (Sophia). Pot pies are in the oven....
    Life is good. We all have much to be thankful for.
    Julie[p]My husband just said "Third weekend in March?That sounds almost doable. Ski season should be over." I'll work on him!

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    QBabe,[p]Pictures... we need pictures![p]You have one serious feast in the making..... a great holiday to you and Larry.[p]John[p]

• QBabe,
    Not going to cook in the rain, but I work for the SCDOT and I am on call. Yuck. Have to take care of any problems on the road in my county for next week. 17,000 miles of roads. [p]Jerry

• QBabe
    Howdy Chris,[p]Busy indeed! I just finished the pie and tart and the brisket just went on the egg. Now I just have to let it settle in and make sure it's stable before I take a cat nap...[p]Happy Turkey Day,
    Tonia

• QBabe
    Hi Julie,[p]Brrrrr! I'm not so fond of the rain, but SNOW...eeeek! Cuddle up and stay warm up there, and I hope you have a great holiday.[p]We'd LOVE for you to make it to the Florida bash. Give him a few more glasses of that Champagne and work on him...![p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Hey John,[p]I'll be lucky if I can get everything served up at the same time, but I'll try and get some pics for you...[p]Have a great day,
    Tonia

• QBabe
    Jwirlwind,[p]Yep, Larry is on call tomorrow, Fri, Sat and Sun (works for a TV station), so there's a possibility that he'll wind up out in the wet stuff also...[p]Have a nice turkey day,
    Tonia

• QBabe,[p]Cooking as we type. Windy and rainy in South Carolina, but the temperature is in the 60's. Just trying to maintain a steady temperature and keep my coals alive until morning. Cooking the typical Thanksgiving day Boston Butt. Boston was real close to the original Thanksgiving, wasn't it?
  • QBabe, that's the best looking menu I've seen. Those in the appetizer category are interest...are you going to post the recipe...already got the cafish one and have done it before and it was great.