Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

smoking the bird at 35 mph winds

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions using the egg when winds are 35 mph and it is
raining?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Rita, Ct.,
    i wire tied the hinge of the egg to the deck rail just in case. some have made a cover that fits over the daisy, but i have not had any problems with the rain effecting the egg.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tinman
    tinman Posts: 86
    Options
    Rita, Ct.,
    I did it last night with an umbrella made for patio table, mounted beside egg. no problems and kept me dry as I tended to my first tom. I have pictures if you send e-mail address. most homr centers / discount stores have on sale during this time of year.[p]tin man

• Sippi
    Sippi Posts: 83
    Options
    Rita, Ct.,
    Really high winds will cause your temp to rise. Try to deflect with something. I use a sheet of plywood. Get a six inch gas vent cap from your local hardware. With a little
    snipping, cap will fit on your daisy wheel. Really not necessary unless you are doing an overnight cook in a pouring rain.
    G.Weaver

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Ah, Rita, Ct., now I remember why we burned our BGE table. Now it sits in a nest and I can move it under cover & out of the wind.
    But seriously, I recently cooked turkey in a competition in winds that gusted over 50 mph. No problems. JCA