Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Madmax turkey method?. . . .

Options
Washog
Washog Posts: 58
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the replies concerning smoking temps. I am planning on setting up with the madmax indirect method and smoking the turkey at 325, and I have a couple of questions. What is the cook time per pound and will elevating the drip pan be enough to keep the drippings from burning or do I need to add chicken broth prior to the cook?

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Washog,
    at 325 degrees, plan on about 15 minutes+ per pound. .. keep an eye on your drip pan. . .i used an aluminum roasting pan last year and had no problem with scorching (of course 2 sticks of butter, half a bottle of wine and the juices of the bird might have had something to do with it). . .kieep some chicken broth handy just in case. . .you'll be basting the bird every 20 minutes anyway, so you'l be able to keep an eye on things. . .