Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg = Travesty

Egg Master 3000
Egg Master 3000 Posts: 323
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a complaint about this green ceramic cooker that everyone keeps talking about. I took a piece of meat, rubbed it with some dizzy dust like below:
SAM_0641.jpg

Threw it on the grill after it was stabilized at 250* at 8pm. Got up a few times during the night... and the dang thing was still at 250!
SAM_0643.jpg

I opened the grill and saw this:
SAM_0644.jpg

This is not good! All the barbecue books I have looked trough said I have to add coal every hour! I did not have to add coal once in 16 hours!!! That cook was way too easy for a real man!!!

Also... Later that same night, I cooled it off and cleaned it up and made the following:

homemade biscuits for biscuits and gravy:
SAM_0645.jpg

and pumpkin bread!!!
SAM_0649.jpg

To be able to make bread and pork butt on the same cooker is disgusting! I guess I will keep this cooker but I will miss the work of a real grill!

Comments

• Hrmm guess pics didn't work... working on it.
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Egg works better than pics? :laugh: :woohoo:
    Kent Madison MS
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    it only took me 2 years to figure out posting pics... I bet you do better than me.... looking forward to the pics...
    Great post even without the pics!!!
    Kent Madison MS
  • The travesty. Somebody call the mothership and tell them they have to make it more difficult to make it real!

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• Posting off an iPhone can be problematic. Sorry about the repeat posts.

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Here ya go, Stephen... nice lookin' butt!! :)

Copy image address from photobucket.
    In your post (the text box), click Img (green box above where you're typing), then paste image address, then click Img again. No spaces.

SAM_0641.jpg?1285725811

SAM_0643.jpg?1285725883

SAM_0644.jpg?1285725924

SAM_0645.jpg?1285725958

SAM_0649.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Lol you beat me on my own pics... and they are bigger... lol oh well I'll figure it out for next time!!!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    There was no larger pic i PB on the last one. Don't know why.

Forgot to mention...click the Preview button before you submit. If you don't see the pics in Preview, we won't either.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• It looks good, Stephen. Nicely done.

I appreciate your cooking and egging enthusiasm. The egg is a master at 250 degree dome, isn't it fun not to worry once you begin to trust the egg?

I don't know how to make the pictures bigger, but someone will.

Keep on Egging!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    If you would get a good phone like a Droid X you wouldn't have that problem. ;)
  • This was my first overnighter and I lost a lot of sleep worrying about it for nothing! :lol:

It was as steady as a rock... the only time it went up is when I bumped it from 230 to 250 when I went to bed...
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    It all looked wonderful!!! :)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: B) Good ONE! :evil:
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Nicely done. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Did you have a drip pan on the placesetter? It's hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like there's something under there.

Everyone says to skip the drip pan, but I can imagine a lot of crud building up on there. I suppose that's called seasoning.
  • Skip the drip pan? huh sounds scary! :whistle: Yeah I just made a makeshift one out of AF... butt sure was tender and juicy!
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    great looking cook.

wrt the pictures, remove the size=150 in the tag i.e. ->[img][/img]
    context is important :)
  • oh ok thanks!!! when I clicked the "img" button on the boardcode it automatically put that in there!