Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wish list

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, I am like a deer in the headlights. Frozen by my inablility to make a decission. Everyone who knows me, knows I am out of control w/ the BGE so obviously they want to buy me BGE stuff for X-mass. Only problem is I don't know what to tell them, or where to go to find stuff - I know what a problem. I am a newbie so I only have the basics for my large size egg - Table, grill, ash scrapper, grill grabber, cover. What are the things your guys and gals can't live without, and if possbile, where to find them. Something that will take me to the next level! The only thing comes to mind is a Rib rack, but which one?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,678
    Matty,pizza stone, pizza peel, cast iron lodge pot or lecrueset pot or both, lawn ranger tools,grill extender is a must. thermopen, remote themometer.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman,
    Thanks for the info. Any idea where I can get some of this stuff?

• Matty,
    send them to www.lawnrangerbbq.com. .. .mike is great and will work with them to customize your tools/handles. .. have them call now though, cause i think any orders after tomorrow won't be guarenteed for xmas arrival. .. .[p]le creuset enameled cookwear is also great in the egg. . .expensive though... you can buy it directly at their outlet stores if they have one in your area. ..its also sold at places like williams sonoma and other kitchen stores. . ..[p]you can order stuff directly from the bge store in atlanta. .. plate setter is a MUST. . .[p]you can also order great rubs from our own nature boy at www.dizzypigbbq.com . . .he will certainly customize a nice box of rubs. . .[p]

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,678
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    second on the dizzy pig rubs, you want a variety pack, many of the recipes that you see on this forum use these rubs and they are good

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Matty,
    Find your nearest dealer. If they are any kind of a dealer they should have the stuff in stock or can get it quickly.
    Julie

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Matty,
    How about books about grilling and barbecue? I'd start with Raichlen's How to Grill. His newest book is great as is Paul Kirk's new one. The Weber books are supposed to be good, also.
    JCA

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Matty,[p]Now's the time to get in on the next Thermapen group! Let me know if you want on the list! Do you need one? Yes. Should you save some money getting it? Yes. There...wasn't that easy![p]mShark