Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lo and Slow- Thanks for your Help

Options
Big George's BBQ
Big George's BBQ Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for all of the help. It was a good weekend. Did two pork butts Sat. After I got the fire going using a 3-6-9 and center method and stabilized at 230 I set the guru. Temps held perfectly. Sunday I did a chuckie using thirdeyes method. Kept it at 225 for a few hours and then set the guru for 265. Pulled it from the grill at 159 degrees- took over 4 hours for a 4-5 pound chuck. Wrapped in foil and put6 in a heated beef broth and blue hog for brasing. Put it in the oven at 250 till the temp hit 188. Let it rest for an hour. Was to hard to pull so I had sliced chuck. Flavor was there and was tender if cut against the grain. Put on beef ribs next Cooked them for about 6 hours. Had a hard time keeping the temp down with this even with the guru. Used the same settings as I used Sat. I thing some of the grease got into the fire from the ribs. I could not find the place setter so I used the pizza stone wrapped in foil whth a pan on top and cooked the ribs on a raised grate. Thdey did turn out opk. I tried to get the membrane off. That was not easy and they were hard to cut through because of that. I was going to do some pork ribs but the smell was so bad that I through them out. I will be calling the butcher about that. All in all the cooks were pretty successful. Will definately do it again. No Pics. I know how to take a Pic but do not know how to post them Once again thanks for your help.