Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First brisketventure concluded!

Options
WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I guess I can say the first cook was a success - all but the part where I didn't take a plated pic! :ohmy: My husband (without asking first :blink: ) invited the neighbors and everyone was waiting for my "amazing piece of meat" that I'd never cooked before!!! Thanks, honey :kiss: Thanks to my brother and repeated readings of bubba tims and thirdeyes ramblings, it turned out great for first try I think. I will admit, however, that I've only had brisket maybe twice in my life and I'm not really sure what it is SUPPOSED to be like. That being said, it was delicious and moist (my biggest worry). No smoke ring and not as smokey as I has hoped, but hey, it was a first. My temp spliked slightly for an hour or so during the night and I was a little worried that it was well ahead of schedule this morning (panicked call to brother!). I decided to go with course and shot it up with injection liquid, thinking it would be done shortly... But I was wrong; even though I heated the liquid (I'm guessing here) the temp dropped and then it (seemed like) took forever to achieve proper temp (another panicked call.. :( ) I took it off at about 180 give or take; let it rest all snuggled up for about three hours, and the rest is history in the belly. I will do it again, try to relax, and start building on my own lessons and interpretations. Here it is a couple hours before I took it off; end product was darker and bark was yummy!
0006d964.jpg

Comments