Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SoCal Eggfest 2010

Options
Cactus Doug
Cactus Doug Posts: 341
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a great time at the Socal fest yesterday. I would like to thank Shad, Kelly, their family and friends who put in all the work to make this event happen, it gets better each year. Also RSMDale I will cook next to you and yours anytime, the mini deep dish pizzas were great! We were so busy cooking we didn't get many pics. but here are some of our stations and family.

The George's (Cactus Doug, Lindsay and Little Reid)
IMG_2966.jpg

Wings on the Egg 2 flavors Jerk and Apricot Bbq 250 pcs served.
IMG_2997.jpg
IMG_2998.jpg

My little helper
IMG_2980.jpg

Wife's Cookies oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip.
IMG_2971.jpg

Assistants - Dad and his girlfriend from Oregon (they won the medium egg in the raffle)
IMG_2975.jpg

It was HOT!
IMG_3003.jpg

Little Man was having fun
IMG_2985.jpg

Little Man was done
.IMG_3008.jpg

We will be back next year for more!

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Doug,looks like fun and great weather. Wow, you're a wing machine! You future egghead is so cute! Love the Tshirt too. btw, your first photo is not showing, it appears the left [ is missing at the start of the IMG string.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Your son is so adorable! I remember seeing him and your wife with their matching tie dyed shirts, so cute! I am sorry we didn't get to meet. Can't believe it was 104 out, it didn't feel that hot, we had a nice breeze cooling things down. Like you, we will be back next year too.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Looks like great fun! Love "Little Man" - you are blessed... :)
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Thanks for the pic's. ;) Tim

Here is the pic you didn't get up.

IMG_2966.jpg
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Ditto on that Doug it was very enjoyable cooking along side you and your family,the Socal fest is only going to get better!!If those are the types of meals you produce on the egg a win is in your future(His wings arereally good guys!!! come out next year and give it a try.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • So Cal EGGhead
    Options
    Amazing pictures.

I can't thank you guys enough for your participation. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. The feedback was incredible and we can only build on the event to make it better.

The little one is growing up so fast!
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    My last minute change in things kept me from coming by, sad thing was I did drive by on the 210, my time line was too tight to stop and visit. I made sure I kept the windows up so I could not smell anything. I'll have to wait till next year.
  • Da Kine Green BBQ
    Options
    YO! Gotta love Cactus Doug's GRILL MARKS on his T-shirt!

Had a great time at my first EggFest - thanks to Shan and Nadeen and the crew in that 100 degree heat!

Will post images - later tonight/this week.

The best part was meeting fellow EggHeads in person, and eating all the great grub!

I changed my handle, after talking to a few people....

Da Kine Green BBQ -

Ex- kh6kine