Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Squid Bracelets

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,399
edited 9:39AM in EggHead Forum
Howdy!
I was at the grocery store and saw they had previously frozen squid bodies. They were all cleaned up, and BIG. Each package was about 1/2 pound, with one single body. Maybe 10 inches long. Did them up with the recipe I posted a while ago, but seared them 2 minutes a side, and brushed sauce on for 1 minute per side (twice as long as normal times because it was so thick).[p]Anyway, just as tender as the small ones. Very tasty. Very tender. After cutting into rings, I mentioned how the rings were as big as bracelets. 10 seconds later, my 5 year old daughter Kara had one of the squid rings around her wrist, and hoisin sauce all over her hand. Kinda cute.[p]Cheers!!
Squidly Diddly[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Nature Boy,[p]
    I saw those down here too --- I think it was Ed' Bait & Tackle shop that had them. Let me know if you need some.[p]heheheheehehe[p]

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Tim M,
    Here in Georgia the fish won't even eat squid,yuk.
    YB

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,399
    YB,
    More for us!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • MaryMary Posts: 190
    Nature Boy,
    I laughed at just your subject line. Good one![p]Mary

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    YB,[p]The fish don't eat it either -- it's for catching the crabs - they eat anything.[p]Tim
  • ChiefChief Posts: 154
    Nature Boy,
    Way down here in Florida our fish love squid....never saw anyone eat them but grouper and red snapper

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Tim M,
    Our crabs are real picky and demand turkey necks.
    YB