Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Sirloin Roast..How To Cook

Options
thechief96
thechief96 Posts: 1,908
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a pack (2) of pork sirloin roasts. Each of the roasts weigh about 1 1/2 lb. How would you reccomend I cook them? Temp for the Egg and removal temp along with any seasonings and additions. :)
Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    The weight is rather small. How thick are they? I might brine them, and/or marinade to add a little more moisture, and get some oil on them 'cause they don't have much fat.

Then roast them with a dome of 350, at an elevated grill level. Add a little applewood to the lump. I'd just put a pie pan under to keep from having a completely direct cook. Add some salt and pepper, maybe lay some pineapple or apple slices on top. I'd expect them to cook for maybe 1 1/4 hour. Standard safe temperature is 165, but most reports I've read recently say pork is generally clean enough that an internal of 150 is fine. (My wife still gets completely antsy if she sees and pink pork flesh)
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll go to 155.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney