Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Country Style Ribs

ReeltachyReeltachy Posts: 54
edited 9:27AM in EggHead Forum
I have some very nice, thick, Bone on country style ribs. Planning on some yellow mustard and Ragin River on some. On some others a home made rub. I ususlly cook these over 3.5 to 4 hours indirect.
I'm a little cramped for time and am thinking about doing these direct on an elevated grid with a dome temp of 300-350. Has anybdoy done this? Does this sound reasonable? Or am i better off cooking something else and do these tomorrow when I have more time. Thanks,

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Wrap in towels and store in a warm cooler. They should stay warm for good long time. Good luck to all.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    When you said "bone-on" instead of bone-in, I'm guessing you have the version of country ribs cut from the loin (and not the ones cur from the shoulder)?
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    It was for another post
  • Tha's Correct. I have about 4 that have no bone.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    What I was getting at is that in different parts of the ocuntry (parden the pun), country ribs are different. Some are from the loin, and some from the shoulder.

You can get away with cooking either one at higher temps with raised direct set-up. But the ones from the loin don't need as high of an internal as the ones from the shoulder.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Thanks, I understand. Just as you said, some of these post gets very confusing when talking "Country Style Ribs". I'll check the internal before pulling off of the egg. These look a lot more like loin "chops" than ribs so I'm thinking 140ish.
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    The only way to cook country ribs is raised direct. Done in no time.