Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turkey/poulder question

I am planning on smoking a turkey thursday and I'd like to ask the forum if it is a good idea to insert a polder probe in the breast when the bird goes on. Is there a concern that this will cause the juices to run out the whole and make for a dry bird?

Comments

• JPinAZ,
    there really isn't any need to stick one in the breast for a number of hours. . .even if you did stick one at the beginning, i doubt that you'd lose much juice . .and when you do go checking for temps, the best place to stick it is in the meatiest part of the thigh. . .[p]best way to test when a turkey is done is [p]a. stick a skewer into the fattest part of the breast and thigh and see if the juices are running clear and
    b. wiggle a drumstick, if its nice a lose, rotating on its joint with the thigh. . .you're done. . .[p]

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    mad max beyond eggdome, I put it in the breast at the beginning & pull at 161°-164°. JCA