Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

anybody got a good trout recipe

Options
aka mr. Earl
aka mr. Earl Posts: 151
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for good trout recipes. I'm cooking for folks who don't like fish.

Comments

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    aka Mr. Earl ,[p]Real simple -- sprinkle 'em inside and out with season salt, and smoke at 250 for an hour. That's it.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Mr. Earldude ,[p]Chuck has a killer recipe for trout.
    He also has a beautiful photo of filets smoking away.... but I can't find it, dang it.[p]Who ya cooking for?[p]

[ul][li]Chuck's Trout[/ul]
  • aka Mr. Earl ,
    if they're whole -- put sliced onion, butter, and Mrs. Dashes (or your other favorite seasoning), & garlic inside. wrap in foil, bake at 400 or so for 10 minutes, check to be sure they're done. [p]If you grab the tail with one hand and hold it half up in the air -- the meat will filet right off the bone..........

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    your wyoming connection,
    it warms my heart to know that the first thing you do in the office these days is to check the lowly bge forum. . .even without your own egg, you are a true egger.. .the heck with making those timely filings for your bosses, you obviously have your priorities in order. . .

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    trout1.jpg
    <p />WooDoggies,[p]Thanks for the compliment. Here's the pic. [p]Hillard, [p]I love trout this way, you can serve it warm or cold with great results. [p]Chuck [p]
  • aka mr. Earl
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]hey doggy. I am cooking stuff for the local supermarket (Ryan's store - remember Ryan?). A lot of his customers who don't normally eat fish liked a bourbon salmon I did based on a Steve Raichlen recipe I got from his 'How to Grill' book. Now they want something other than salmon.[p]I thought of Chuck's trout (and that neat pic). If I can find the time I might play with it this weekend.[p]BTW, I should be getting a lot of woods in the next few weeks. I figure you're good for apple wood, but how are you fixed for sassafras and cherry? [p]

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    aka Mr. Earl ,
    man, send some of that apple wood down our way. .i think brett and i are just about through that box you/woo gave us last year. ..wait, that sounds like an excuse for you and woo (or woo and you), to drive down again for a little new year's day eggin. .. ..brett's been filling me in on some your cooking with ryan. .. sounds pretty exciting. .

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Here is how I do them and I do them at least twice a week.
    [ul][li]Trout on a Egg[/ul]
  • aka mr. Earl
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Want to hear the latest? [p]I developed what I call pulled pork sandwich kits. I can't do details for reasons I'm sure you understand.... Anyway we put them on sale today and I should know in 24 hours whether they were a hit or not. [p]If you or Brett come this way before Dog or I go your way, I'll hook you guys up with some good wood [p](Question: Did that last sentence sound a little McGreeveyesque to you?)
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    aka Mr. Earl ,
    yep, heard about the "kits". .. good luck btw. .. .always looking to get some good wood from you my brother. .heee

• WooDoggies
    Options
    aka Mr. Earl,[p]Dude, I'm totally stocked with cherry and sassafras but hurting for some peach and plum...... got any?

• WooDoggies
    Options
    madmang,[p]I will surely impart a load of apple on youse and Brett the next time I'm down DC way...... hopefully sooner than New Years...... cook good this week![p]john [p]