Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help! MY BBQ guru is coming apart!..

GenesGrill
GenesGrill Posts: 308
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my BBQ guru for a few years now and all of a sudden (and I take good care of it and store it when not being used) the back of it is coming loose. I don't see any screws to tighten it up. What can I do??? Thanks!!

Comments

• I had the same problem Gene, Send it back to Guru they well re-glue it

Ross
  • Call them at 1 800 288 4878

Hope you get fixed. Tim :)
  • They do have excellent Customer Service. They should fix you up just fine.

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• You can do what everyone suggested or you can a couple tie wraps and use them.

Credit for the tie-wrap goes to GaryBushey or ViennaJack I can't remember which one did that to one of mine. I really didn't have the time to send it the Guryu folks and get it back before my next cook, you may have that option.
  •  
    Same problem here, went back to the guru folks.

If you need to use it before sending it back use some rubber bands.

GG
  • Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    You have one of our earlier models of DigiQ.
    We can fix you up here in the shop very quickly, or if you like you can use a gel type super glue and attempt the repair yourself..
    We apply pressure while the glue is drying..

kenny