Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turtle Burgers

bobSTLbobSTL Posts: 105
edited 6:24AM in EggHead Forum
A friend of mine e-mailed me this, he uses a gasser, but I think he could qualify as a Egger!!
turtle2.jpg

Comments

• I like that. What is in the center. :P Tim
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,108
    If he had an egg maybe he could do them in the shape of Texas :laugh:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• bobSTLbobSTL Posts: 105
    Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in a bacon weave.

The next step, add hotdogs as the heads, legs and tail. Next step?

Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at
    400 degrees. A little crispy, not too crunchy...just how a turtle should be, no?

(This is what he sent back)
    Thanks, Bob
  • Thanks Bob. :)
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    i would have to agree with tweeve there, not that i am admitting that, but he does have the proof....
  • Mickey wrote:
    If he had an egg maybe he could do them in the shape of Texas :laugh:
    You folks from Texas are a little crazy, :ohmy: in a good way :) :) :)
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    I do have to ask, how in the heck do you remember that post back from july?
  • here's how i do it:

i say "turtle burgers"? that's unusual enough that i remember it from a couple months ago. then you search "turtle burgers" and find the original post.
    :huh:
  • DnormanDnorman Posts: 117
    I am dong this for next months recipee of the month. I am doing these for haloween.
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    creative. very cool idea
    context is important :)