Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brats!

Options
JMo
JMo Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone else love brats cooked on the egg? I had a friend over for dinner a couple weeks back and just cooked simple brats. Nothing fancy just some store bought brats (Meijer brand) with some gilled onions. He is now convinced he needs to buy an Egg.

IMAG0128.jpg

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Had not had brats sence I was a kid in Germany.
    Went to an Octoberfest a couple of weekends ago had a few and after I got home bought some and used the egg.YOU ARE CORRECT.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Redmono
    Options
    Hey big brat fan here. Just bought my BGE 3 weeks ago. What temp did you cook the yummy brats?? And for how long. Thanks for the info.
  • ddmax
    ddmax Posts: 45
    Options
    I should probably cook brats completely on the BGE, but I still simmer them in beer for about 30 minutes and then finish them off on the BGE at about 450-500 for just a couple of minutes.
  • Bear
    Bear Posts: 32
    Options
    JMo,
    I usually do brats & knackers (knackwurst) once a week with pan fried onions & peppers. It's quick & easy and tastes great!

B)

B.
  • JMo
    JMo Posts: 23
    Options
    I usually cook Brats around 400 and pull them when the start to squirt and hiss. I have also tried them on a raised grid and had great results. The grilled onions are awesome. Just coat them with EVOO and salt, pepper and garlic powder.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

My mind LOVES brats, it's what they do to my body that is criminal! :blink:

Those look great!

Blair

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Love em. The store/national brands are good, but there is a meat market near me that makes their own. They are to kill for. I like to do the onions and peppers in a small CI skilet alongside the brats. Good Stuff.