Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

injecting a butt

glennglenn Posts: 151
edited 10:23PM in EggHead Forum
I am wondering is it a resonable thing to inject a butt, I am gonna put one on the egg in about 30 minutes and I would like to know if injecting it would make it any better than just slathering it with mustard and dustin it with rub
and what would make a good injecor solution for the butt
I cook em at 250 till interal hits 185-190
as always thank you for your help
Glenn

Comments

• Glenn, I've been injecting my butts with a 50/50 solution of Dale's Sauce/water or Dales/apple juice. both have come out fine and seem to cook just a tad quicker. Us the 10% rule...ex:10lb butt use 1 lb solution, etc. Good luck!

• glennglenn Posts: 151
    Rumrunner,
    what is dales sauce and where would I find it
    Ya think they may sell it at Albertsons or windixie

• Glenn, they should. Look on the top shelf of the bbq sauce section. If no Dale's, Moore's will work. It's a soy/sodium/other flavor solution thatI like on beef and pork.

• SigmoreSigmore Posts: 621
    Glenn, Walmart also carries it. They sometimes have it in a half gallon. Lot's cheaper that way.

• Glenn,[p]It's basically soy sauce with some spices added. You can make your own if you want. Here's my recipe that I used on Wings at Eggtoberfest. I keep a bottle in the fridge for egging just about anything.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

[ul][li]GrillMeister's Special Egg'n Seasoning [/ul]