Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

NiEGGarafest Beer Bread and Little Stevens Satay

RobinsRobins Posts: 131
edited 10:12PM in EggHead Forum
Hi All,

NiEGGarafest was a hit and the food was amazing!
Great job to all that were involved! Nick, Tim, the cooks, all the volunteers and Herdner.

I was looking for some recipies for Steves' Satay and the lady who was making the beer bread. Both were out of this world!
·

Comments

• Paul,

Here is the sate. The sauce was fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, Thai sweet chili sauce, crushed chilis, coconut milk, crunchy peanut butter, and cashews in a blender. I thinned it with some water

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=557

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RobinsRobins Posts: 131
    Thanks Steve it was great!

Big hit with all the folks I went to the fest with.
    ·
  • Ahhhh, it is good to see that someone else thinks Little Steven's satay is out of this world good. I had it at the Eggtoberfest in Atlanta a few years ago and it was by far THE BEST thing there. I still remember it.
    ·
  • PattyOPattyO Posts: 882
    The beer bread is so easy that it's frightening.
    3 C self rising flour
    3 T sugar
    12 oz can of beer
    Stir with mixing spoon (no beater necessary)
    spray crockery loaf pan (or tubular pan) with Pam
    spoon in batter
    bake 350' 45-50 mins until brown spots on top.

I used plate setter feet down, spacers, then the pizza stone for all my breads.
    Enjoy
    PattyO
    ·
  • RobinsRobins Posts: 131
    Thanks PattyO,

I loved the bread! Cant wait to try it out.
    ·
  • Patty .. Thanks for the recipe.
    Can you make self rising flour out of flour and yeast?
    ·
  • RGBHVRGBHV Posts: 1,317
    Good to meet you Patty !

And thanks for the care packages that you brought over to our Egg - I don't think we would have been able to taste your breads if you hadn't brought some over for us to sample!

Michael
    ·