Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sirloin Tip Roast-??? about cooking time

Options
evenwhenitsraining
evenwhenitsraining Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, I was at Whole Foods yesterday and I bought a small sirloin tip roast, 1.66 lb. I'm on a diet and we're only 3 for dinner tonight so it's more than enough. I'm worried about it being too lean so I bought 3 strips of bacon and then the nice butcher cut a huge ole slab of fat off of a brisket for me to wrap it with along with the bacon. (You're thinking now: This guys not on a diet!) I'm thinking I might save the bacon now for some pasta instead.

Anyway, my plan is this: I'm going to season and sear off the roast on the stove. I know, I know, you can do it on the egg but I want my egg to be low and stable for the actual roasting. Then I'm going to wrap the roast in the this big piece of beef fat and then slow roast until I get an internal of 125 and then rest it up to 135. Anyone have a clue of how long this will take if I egg it at about 225?