Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the best guru to buy?

Options
Always Smokin
Always Smokin Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
what do you think is the best digi q / guru to buy

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    Options
    I have the CyberQ II

I like it very much because

It has a read out and is adjustable
    it also comes with software and you can run it from your computer

It can control two pits
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    As been discussed (several times before) most everybody only has one temperature controller so any advice will be biased. It's best to review all of the products, and then decide which one has the features most important to you.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews.htm

Gary
    A happy Stoker Owner

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• chrisnjenn
    Options
    I had a Digi and loved it, but decided I wanted one that could go wireless. Sold the Digi and bought a Stoker with 3 food probes. It can go wireless and it is expandible for the future. Meaning it will control multiple cookers and have more food probes. The Stoker in my opinion is the best overall plus the price is not much more than a Digi.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i went with the cyberQ.
    does 2 pits and hooks up to my lap top so i can see a graph of the cook and make my adjustments on the computer rather than scrolling thru the menu.
  • Vetereggnarian
    Options
    Keeping VI's comment in mind - I went with the DigiQ since it seems simpler to use, easier to see, and is slightly weatherproof. At first I thought I'd want the computer/Twitter/NORAD setup, but realized that I'd use it once (if I could get it to work) and then never again.

Kind of like egg sizes, they are all really good, none perfect for everybody.
  • Irish Mike
    Options
    I been using the DigiQ for the past two years and its been great. It would be nice to have the wireless feature, but for now the DigiQ fills my needs.

Its been very durable since I use it in all weather condtions here in Kansas (Thunder Storms\Snow)and it keeps working like a charm. I use a heavy Zip Lock bag to keep it from getting wet and can still see the Pit & Meat temps from the patio door.

Don't think you can go wrong with either the DigiQ or the Stoker in my opinion. God Luck! ;)