Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cast grate.......Dynomite

MR HMR H Posts: 109
edited 12:53PM in EggHead Forum
I have been reading the posts on the cast iron grate,so I bought one and used it tonite on special cut ribeye. The meat came off the grill with beautiful grill marks and the mass of the grate helped cook the steaks to perfection.[p]Try one, you will like it[p]Howard in Bartow

Comments

• MR H,[p]Any special cleaning and/ or maintenance care for the cast iron grate?
  • MR HMR H Posts: 109
    Tony,
    At the present time I really don"t know. The grate came with coating of some kind on it and the steaks didn't stick to it. I will post findings later on[p]Howard in Bartow

• SigmoreSigmore Posts: 621
    MR H, It's not a coating, the meat releases when it's properly seared and not before. Sort of like cauterizing a wound. Ugh!! True, true.