Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Guy Intro

Options
cocktails42
cocktails42 Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, All.

New guy here. Just registered, but have been lurking and reading for a few months here and over at nakedwhiz.

I've grilled on a Ducane gas grill for the past 17 years. Various grills prior to that, especially the Weber kettle grills.

Just got a used Large egg on Monday. It came with a bunch of extras including a BBQGuru DigiQ II with fan, and 2 probes. Also, plate setter, rib rack, the metal top thingie, 3 tier rack, wheel base and the wooden side shelves.

I bought coal, assorted chips, assorted rubs, and a pizza/baking stone (BGE brand) two days ago.

Yesterday I did babyback ribs (3 racks, cut in half) and a pork loin. Turned out fantastic!!!

I used Dizzy Pig rubs, plate setter, ribs on the rib rack, grilled at 225 degrees.

Wicked charcoal, and cherry wood chips. Bought a MAPP torch for a starter. heh, I love the thing, and can use it for other shop projects.

I have been eyeing the egg for over a year. But I got VERY serious about "doing my homework" about 2 months ago. Then, this deal came up on craigslist and I had to grab it.

I plan to build a table for the egg. And I already think I need one of those half moon things so I can do direct and indirect at the same time.

Everything about the process involved in my first cook with the egg turned out to be clear, and easy for me. I'm very very impressed and happy.

Comments