Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

7 more 6\" deep dish pies on the XL

BashBash Posts: 1,011
edited 7:11AM in EggHead Forum
It was so good last week, we had to do it again (still had leftover provolone and moz).

Got the XL going to heat up the stone. After a bit, started the medium to cook the sausage:

b1e63d00.jpg

Provolone, moz, italian sausage. Their had green peps or pineapple, mine was loaded with jalapenos.

3a3f18dc.jpg

Finally, tomato sauce and parm. Here they are almost ready to pull:

94cd0f1b.jpg

Finally (odd, I admit), some corn we needed to cook. Medium was standing by to finish with the pies:

2d3b2eb7.jpg

And for a bonus, last night's stir-fry:

3017adea.jpg

Was too late, but sure was tasty. Must take off earlier on pizza night :blush:

Thanks for looking!

Richard

Comments

• Lookin good, love the jalapenos :laugh:
  • Hawg FanHawg Fan Posts: 1,326
    Sausage, cheese and jalapenos, it doesn't get much better that that. Nice cook.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Tulsa, OK
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    That is some tasty looking grub!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Wow you have been busy!Do your pizzas cook even center to edge in the XL or do you rotate them around? Shrimp and brocklie stirfry looks great! :whistle:
  • BashBash Posts: 1,011
    I actually did not move the pans for the entire cook. I built my fire as a pyramid, so there was not much coal at the edges of the egg, and it ended up cooking pretty evenly.

I think the kids prefer regular pies, but I really like the deep dish pies. Will have to try a full size pan some day.
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,305
    Some good looking pies...especially the ones with the Texas Pickles.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX