Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Simple Salmon

SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
edited 11:49PM in EggHead Forum
Tonight was a nice quiet night, just me and the honey ... oh yah, and some smoked salmon.[p]Sam's Club had a nice 3 pound filet. I added s light coat of sesame oil, salt, pepper and sage. Smoked it indirect (with peach chips) for about 4 hour. Color was a nice golded pink/red. Flavor was very nice and light with a hint of smoke (and there are leftovers)![p]Smokey

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Smokey, sounds really great. I love salmon on the BGE. What temp?

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Gfw,[p]The first few hours 250*. the 2nd two, 325* (got the muchies). I placed the filet on a piece of heavy duty foil in the 2nd grill (over fire bricks)[p]Easy!