Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Survey: How times a year do you use your egg?

Options
Steve-B
Steve-B Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was telling someone today I used my egg at least 250 times a year. He looked at me and thought I was nuts. Actually, after some thought, I bet I use it more than 250 times a year. What about you?[p]Steve-B

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Steve-B,[p]This may sound slack.... I cook on the bge at least once a week and sometimes 3-4 times a week.
    However, in the winter, it can average much less than that..... where the lid might be frozen shut for a coupla weeks at a time. [p]Also, there are times when I've had enough of fire and smoke and simply want some kitchen cookin.... lots of it.

How many times a year? I have no idea! :~)[p]John

• WudEyeDoo
    Options
    Steve-B,
    For me, probably about 100. I'm not energetic enough on weeknights to cook usually. Gettin' ready to put on a giant brisket and 2 pork butts tonight. Should be some good eatin' Saturday!

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Steve-B,
    While I was on a roll last year I was cooking on it twice a day, but I had to slack off some. With this diet I'm kinda restricted. Even so, I would say I cook on the Egg at least three times a week, maybe more. Good question.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    Steve-B, Take into consideration that my Egg and I are newlyweds, so naturally the first year has been hot and heavy. I've easily cooked 250 times.

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Steve-B, I just had my first anniversary with my sugar puddin, and we comingle at least 3 or more times a week if I can trick wifey into letting me. HHHEEE!!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Steve-B,[p]I'm on record saying at least 4 times a week. Now after telling you that, how many eggs at one time? At least 1 weekend day have 2 if not 3 going for some reason. Chiefs, guests, or just learning.[p]250 is easy.[p]Got to slice up more rump roast for jerky.[p]CWM
  • Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    Borders,[p]I fall into that category also. I have been travelling for work the past two weeks with no end in sight. I am going through some serious egg withdrawl.[p]Steve-B
  • BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Options
    Steve-B,
    Does it count as double if you have 2 going at the same time? Triple for 3? what about 4 at once?[p]Now, if I just light one, but cook the meat and while the meat is "resting" I cook vegetables, does this count as more than once? How about a breakfast cook, a lunch cook and a different dinner cook.[p]Using *MY* numbers, I'll bet some can cook ceramically *MORE* than 365 times a year.[p]BOB

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Steve-B,
    We dont fit the normal mold of Eggers, as Sally and I own a boat and we are never home on the weekends from spring to early fall.....That said, we cook enough times in a year to go through right around 20-22 bags of BGE lump in a year, maybe more this year....[p]Wess

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Steve-B,
    Due to business travel, I'm seldom home all week, every week. Thus I probably average twice a week...about 100 times a year. Some weeks are better than others...some, less so.

• FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    Options
    Steve-B,
    I probably don't get in any more than 180 times each year. If you count multiple cooks or cooking on both eggs, I could probably squeak out about 200. Coaching duites keep me away from the house at least two nights a week.

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Steve-B,
    With the old Char-Broil rust bucket I was averaging 2/3 times a week. Now, not counting the second large, I average
    4 times a week. This forum has helped, providing tips & great recipes, making me a much better cook.
    bruce

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    Steve-B,
    We use the egg about 2-3 times a week. Good eating.