Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Crown Pork Roast

NessmukNessmuk Posts: 251
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Smoked our annual Crown Pork Roast. Had it prepared at a gourmet meat market. It consisted of 20 ribs & weighed 10 pounds. The center was filled with hot, spicy Italian sausage. The sausage adds taste to the pork.[p]Cooked it @ 250 for about 6 hours or until the internal temp reached 160. [p]This was the best of the 34 that I have smoked. The BGE is the perfect smoker for this product. [p]The internal temp was 36 degrees when I inserted the polder. It was golden brown upon completion. As usual, I spritzed it with olive oil & apple juice each hour. Not other rubs were used.[p]For Christmas, I will cook a bone-in, prime rib roast.[p] Nessmuk,