Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Oven Thermometer

WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a used egg and trying to rehab the egg back to life. This will be my second egg and will see small work loads. Since the egg is used and has no warranty, I plan on using it for low temp cooks. My other egg with the warranty will be my workhorse. My egg thermometer is shot. Since I plan on using my rehab egg on low temp cooks, could I use a oven temp thermometer? I'm looking for a cheap thermometer to plug in the egg hole. I realise it won't do what a $30 Tel Tru thermometer does but I'm guessing it will give me the same results as a stock egg thermometer. I know the temp will be off but no different then the stock BGE thermometer. Not worth spending the extra $10 on the "BGE" name and have the same cruddy thermometer. I'm guessing the spare egg might see work 1-2 times a month. No need for anything fancy for the spare. This egg is on a budget. Oven temp guage work?