Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribs and Chicken

DSC01430.jpg
<p />I did this last evening. Inderect with ribs on bottom and chicken on top. Dome temp at 375. The chicken came off in one hour fifteen minutes. Ribs came off in two hours. I seems that you can cook ribs several ways. Low and slow or medium. This meat came out tender and full of juice. The ribs had yellow mustard, kosher salt, turbinado sugar, Durkee grill seasoning. The chicken had yellow mustard, kosher salt, turbinado sugar, Durkee chicken seasoning. Each came out with a great crust,juicy and great flavor. [p]Jerry

Comments

• Jwirlwind,
    looks like another great meal cooked @ egg nation this weekend.

• drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    Jwirlwind,[p]What kind of ribs are those? 2 hours is pretty quick.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Jwirlwind,
    hey that's a great idea.[p] interesting to do them together and have them come of almost the same time.[p]suppose you could toss the chicken on after the ribs had a head start and pull them off at the same moment.[p]i always seem to do 'just ribs' or 'just chicken'.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • drbbq,
    hey ray. . .separate question for you. . .when we were in atlanta, i noticed that as you were preparing wings you slit the flap of skin between the two wing portions. . .any particular reason? benefits? just curious. . .[p]thx[p]max

• stike,
    I put the ribs on first knowing it would come off last. I didn't know if this would work or not, but hey, neither did the Wright brothers. lol[p]Jerry

• drbbq,
    They came from Publix. I say there, I believe you can do ribs all kinds of ways. They were falling off the bone after two hours and very juicy.[p]Jerry

Jwirlwind,[p]I meant which cut of rib.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
    Hi Max,[p]I've always done that. I figure any marinade or seasoning may sneak in, the big flap will cook better and they will tear apart easier when done. Much of this could be in my mind only.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ