Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Dynamic Duo

Options
Hawg Fan
Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was inspired by some of the recent posts to cook a stuffed pork tenderloin and Fattie. I bought a tenderloin and some pork sausage at the local butcher shop and decided to wing it.

Decided to go with goat cheese, dried tomatoes, red pepper and poblano pepper for the stuffing.
DSC00007.jpg
Butterflied the tenderloin and pounded it out to about 1/2".
DSC000102.jpg
Tied it up and added the bodacious rub.
DSC00013.jpg
Cooked it at 300 degrees until internal temperature reached 145 degrees.
DSC000202.jpg
Turned out good. The cheese and peppers added a lot of flavor. The wife wasn't too wild about the dried tomatoes.
DSC00024.jpg
While the tenderloin was cooking, I rolled out the sausage and layered with goat cheese, red pepper, and poblano pepper. Added some Western BBQ and Island rub.
DSC00016.jpg
Let the egg settle in at 250 degrees and threw the Fattie on to cook.
DSC000182.jpg
Pulled the Fattie at 170 degrees internal temp and let it rest for about 30 minutes. I was planning on waiting until tomorrow morning to slice the Fattie, but couldn't wait. I had to slice a piece off and try it before putting it in the refrigerator Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning.
DSC00026-1.jpg
Two great cooks that are relatively easy to cook and taste so good. Pork fat rules.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    That's perdy! Consider your sun dried tomatoes in oil for future use...something about the olive oil, herbs and garlic they put all together makes a big difference. Your wife just might meet a sun dried tomato she likes.

Don't know for sure, but when moisture is lacking, the dried ones don't jump up to do a job.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    That's a great tip wokonmedium. That's what I love about this forum, everyone is willing to share their knowledge and experiences. Thanks again.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    THe food looks good and the fatty will be so much better the next day.
    It is simple and all the items you can try using this.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.