Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need clip for dome thermo

Options
smoky b
smoky b Posts: 648
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i bought my mini on craigslist and it didn't come with a clip to hold the thermometer in place. had it for about a year but it kind of gets on my nerves b/c i can't hold it in place. i have seen some mods for this before but can't remember. any ideas?

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I got an extra one.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    How about a sliver of wood or something that you can gently wedge in the hole from the underside when cold. :) Tim

I don't know.
  • smoky b
    Options
    where did you get it??
  • smoky b
    Options
    good call tim. i'll probably have to rig it with something like that.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    With my egg. You can have it. Give me your addy.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Hey Molly. Did you see my newly appointed moniker? :woohoo: Tim
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    do you happen to have a thing called gravity down there??? Personally I always tell people to take that clip and throw it in the trash!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Why don't you personally send him one of yours if you don't need it! :ohmy:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I dont have clips on any of mine.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    because they went out in the trash years ago! Those clips CAN cause many problems such as turning them from the dome side thus throwing them out of calibration to causing them to impale a yard bird or turkey when closing the dome. When an UN-obstructed dome thermometer can be pulled up with ease then the probe doesn't get bent. Get my point? Now...I'm gone - good night!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.