Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking indirect on the small

Mark from Utah
Mark from Utah Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know I've read several posts in the past about cooking indirect on the small BGE, but I can't seem to find them. [p]Does anyone have any pictures or help I would appreciate it. [p]Thanks, Mark from Utah

Comments

• PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Mark from Utah,[p]I think WessB has a couple of options for indirect cooking on a small egg on his website. Here's what I do:[p]1) Get a fire brick (split) from a local brick company. Cut the brick into thirds and place the three pieces onto the grid in it's normal position.[p]IMG_0883.jpg[p]2) Buy a BGE ceramic pie dish from your local dealer or order one from Atlanta. Place it between the bricks on the original grid.

IMG_0884.jpg[p]3) Insert an aluminum pie plate into the BGE dish (fits just perfectly), or line with aluminum foil. Buy a second grid that you put on top of the bricks, and you've got a complete indirect setup.

IMG_0886.jpg[p]Hope this helps. Good grilling![p]Paul [p][p]

• PapaQ,
    Thanks for your quick rely. This is exactly what I wanted to know. I will look at Wes's site also. [p]Thanks again, Mark from Utah