Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cookin' Ribs - the movie

chucklschuckls Posts: 399
edited 4:48AM in EggHead Forum
ribs1.JPG
<p />I've got one of those digital cameras that has a time-lapse feature, so I made a movie of cookin' ribs![p]Everything's here, starting from opening up the cryovac babybacks, pulling the membrane, mustard coat and rub, loading & firing the egg, all the way through apple juice baste and finishing up with sliced ribs on the platter. 8 hours of cookin' in 1 min 38 sec. And I even show my face, unblurred, and not hidden under my car![p]Let me know what you think, I'm thinking of making a movie of ABT's next... (p.s. if any of you whizzes out there can point me in the right direction to make an mpeg instead of an avi, please email me)[p]Chuck
[ul][li]Cookin' Ribs - the movie[/ul]

Comments

• CaneyCaney Posts: 36
    chuckls,[p]Man, what a great movie. It is almost 7 am Sunday morning here and put two butts on at 5 am. Hope to pull sometime tonight. Thanks for the post.[p]Caney[p]
  • chuckls,[p]This is really great for an amateur like me who hasn't done ribs yet!! Makes me want to rush right out and dtry some ribs!!
    They look elegant!!! Thanks much!!!![p]AZ Geoff

• GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    chuckls,[p]A really great job. I believe this is a first for the forum. Keep up the good work!

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    chuckls,
    Thanks I enjoyed the movie.
    Larry

• tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    chuckls, Thats great, look for free video conversiona at google.com, you can get some good 30 free ones.

• chuckls,
    What software did you use to put the photos into a video format? It should have an option to render the video as an MPEG. [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • chucklschuckls Posts: 399
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I use JASC (the Paintshop Pro guys) Animation Studio. They only have an option to create AVI, or GIF. Which I think AVI is a fairly compatible format, but I think maybe mpeg might be better quality and better compression??[p]Chuck (encouraged by feedback so running off to make another)
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,508
    chuckls,
    Very cool. And thanks for doing it quicktime instead of the evil windows media that us mac users can't see.[p]Nice lookin bones there, and very cool job with the ol' camera.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • ravnhausravnhaus Posts: 311
    Nature Boy,
    There is a Windows Media available for Mac now! Comes in real handy sometimes.

[ul][li]Windows Media for Mac[/ul]
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,508
    ravnhaus,
    Thank you! Very cool. Evil.....but cool. I am sure I will be using this very shortly.[p]Hope all is well.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ