Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Used Green Eggs

cole9moss
cole9moss Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm in the market to buy a green egg for a family member and I'm in a pickle. I understand if you buy a green egg now, you get 2 free tickets to Eggtoberfest. I also understand that the used green eggs get sold at discounts after the festival is over. I'm wondering, would it be best to buy 2 tickets and buy a discounted egg or buy a new egg and get 2 free tickets? Any help? Thanks!

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    What's the price difference? Take the cheaper of the two options.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    cole9moss, I would think purchasing a new egg and going to eggtoberfest could be the best learning experience. B)

On the other hand it can be overwhelming. So, get a demo egg and use it for a while and develop questions. Then go to the fest and join the BGE forum. ;)

Personal preference and economics. The new user should have some input. Tim :)
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    I think you will find the two free tickets come with the purchase of a demo egg that will be used at the Eggfest. You pick it up there. Read the info again.

Hop that this helps.

Poppasam
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Exactly Sam.

You buy a demo egg and get two free tickets to the fest. The egg you buy will be used at the fest and you pick it up when the fest is over, so it has only been used for about 6 hours. And you get the peace of mind the warranty brings.

is just like buying a brand new egg that has been used once, but you save a couple hundred bucks and get free admission to the party.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Does being loud really make you right?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Demo Eggs: Minneapolis

Poolside will have a limited number of Demo Eggs available, these eggs are the eggs that are used at EGGfest.

The Demo Eggs include: Large Big Green Egg, Accessory kit (Damper top, spring assist band, dvd,thermometer, owner’s manual), Large Nest, Ash Tool, Grill Gripper, and approximately half a bag of charcoal.
    (Normal Sale Price of these items is: $930.75).

The price for a Demo Egg is only: $694.00 + tax.

You won't find really a better deal. If your eggfest is anything like Minneapolis I would say go for it! I didn't want the egg nest, ash tool, and grill gripper when I purchased my egg. I still payed more for just the egg! Would love those options for "free" at the time of my purchase. Plus the warranty stays in tack since you are buying through the dealer. The egg will be used yes, but nothing worse then seeing a new bright white "guts" of the egg when purchased new. Nothing says rookie more then a bright white egg! After 5-10 cooks all used eggs look the same. Go for it. Will not have any second guesses!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Nope. Just obnoxious.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    it works for me alot of the time :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Tweev, fyi, your "dance for me" does not work. It is just blank with a red x in the top left corner. :whistle:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP