Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Roasted Tomato Pasta Sauce

Grub BloggerGrub Blogger Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been eating pretty heavy, so was just going to throw together a quick pasta sauce in the kitchen, but figured I wanted to keep my streak of several days straight of firing up the Egg alive.

Got her up to 400 degrees, with some the hickory I had used to make ribs still in the charcoal. Put a bunch of halved tomatoes that had been marinating in olive oil, salt and pepper on the grill, along with a head of garlic, sliced open with same, and some portobello mushrooms with the same plus balsamic and herbs de provence. The garlic and 'shrooms were in aluminum foil. flipped tomatoes after two minutes, and pulled them after three more. A few more minutes for the 'bellos, and I let the garlic go for about 35 minutes in total. Meanwhile I sliced the 'shrooms and crushed the tomatoes after discarding the skin. Got some bacon pieces crispy and threw in a few cloves of the now done garlic. then the mushrooms and simmered with the tomatoes on a very high simmer until thick. then a little basil from the backyard. Also spread a bit more of the garlic paste on to some bread.

One of the best pasta sauces I have ever made. A light smokiness in the sauce that was great.

No pictures 'cause my camera is still in Houston.

Comments