Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Smoking Veggies

Grub BloggerGrub Blogger Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking to experiment a bit with the Egg to make some side dishes or bases for other dishes with vegetables. Don't worry, my main goal with Egg to cook up delicious hunks of meat low and slow.

I have read about roasted garlic, melted onions and tomatoes. I have been thinking about smoked mushrooms and maybe eggplant (for a dip).

Anyone out there played around with veggies?

P.S. - reminds me of a funny story. My friend was at a vegetarian restaurant, and there was a sign on the wall that read, "If animals could talk, we probably
wouldn't eat them.'

Come on, he, thought, we're already in the vegetarian restaurant!

Said it made him want to make his own sign and hang it up right next to it with a frame that said, 'If vegetables could talk, we'd freak the f**k out.'

Comments