Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What's your go to cook when nuthin sounds good?

GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
edited 3:53PM in EggHead Forum
I'm trying to find something for tonight, but nothing sounds particularly good. Ideas? thanks

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    For me I either resort to chicken parts or pork chops when nothing "sounds good". So much versatility to pair with sides that they don't really need to be the stars of the plate.
  • BobinFlaBobinFla Posts: 363
    Well, I will anyway,

BALOGNA

score the sides and ends lightly

Cover with a good rub

Smoke for about an hour

lower the smoke, lower the temp 'til it's about 140

slice or cube it

eat and enjoy

it goes well with cheese cubes

and BEER
  • Honestly, when nothing else sounds good, I always cook breakfast. Bacon and eggs always hits the spot whether it's six o'clock in the morning or eight o'clock at night, but I rarely do it on the my BGE.

If it has to be cooked on a BGE, I never met a ribeye I didn't like, whether it's eight o'clock at night or six o'clock in the morning :)

Best regards,
    Tim
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,187
    Me too...

Spring "Breakfast Rules" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • my got to is steak. I will happily pay $12 for 2 steaks and 2 potatoes. Maybe some asparagus if I am feeling french. mmmmm steak
  • tnelstnels Posts: 75
    I go to southwestern/mexican when nothing sounds good. Either fish tacos (mahi) or whatever quesadillas. I use plenty of enough salsa and veggies and don't bother with sides.
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    Thanks for the good suggestions. I think the steak idea is gonna win out tonight. But I have to try fish tacos sometime.
  • buffalo wings, 4 lbs on the egg, smoked with hickory wood!
  • "Oklahoma City... The surprise your family has been looking for." :laugh:

OMG, that's funny.

Reminds me of when my father uprooted us from Atlanta for 6 months while he did some training in Oklahoma city for the FAA.

Talk about culture shock. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to eat eggs without grits.

Been there, done that...
    Tim
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Simply put - PIZZA as a family....

Everyone loves taking a role in the prep, everyone will cut or chop, everyone loves making the dough... everyone can make their own... it's a family thing...

We empty the frig and lay everything out, see how creative we can get without going to the grocery store, and just have a good time....
    Kent Madison MS
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    I agree. Will do soon.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,740
    Dave,

I typically go to something very spicy. Jambalaya, Indian, Thai or Korean. Kinda wakes things up.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON